Friday, October 3, 2008

You can call me anything you like, but my name is Veronica...


We are back from the hospital and adjusting to life at home. We are settling into a feeding schedule and Alison will be great as soon as we can incorporate a sleep schedule with that.

The moment of birth was a little scary since Veronica had the cord wrapped around her neck and needed a few moments before her lungs kicked in (it felt like 3 weeks for us, but it could have been a little less than that).

Other than that, we are working on our swaddling technique. Don't believe anyone that says it's like wrapping a burrito. I've wrapped a burrito, beans and rice don't move.

Hopefully the blog updates will be frequent, although other parents seem to hit their blog posting stride after a few months. Scientists currently hypothesize that an increased rate of blog posting is directly proportional to the baby's ability to sleep through the night.

4 comments:

The Heater Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world Veronica! We can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'm so excited Veronica has a blog! You guys are really on the ball - Cole didn't start his blog till about 6 months!

bettyk said...

Veronica is so adorable! I cant wait to meet her. So rather then constantly asking how you are sleeping- I will just keep an eye on the blogging! ;)
We miss you at work but I guess we can survive- hopefully the stock wont suffer too much in your absence. Let us know if you guys need anything!
-bethany

GrandMama said...

Oh what a pretty girl she is. Veronica looks just like her Mama. I am so looking forward to the Life and Times and Adventures of my grandaughter,the marvelous Miss Veronica.